History & Photo Archives

The Department of Naval Science was commissioned on 17 September 1945. The unit operated on a wartime basis through the academic year 1945-46 with a total of 190 students. On 15 June 1946 the unit reverted to a peacetime status. First erected in 1952 the Naval ROTC Armory quonset huts were later moved (1959) to their present location on Washington Way.

OSU Yearbooks